We at St. Francis Health Services of Morris take caring for your loved ones very seriously.
In response to coronavirus (COVID-19) we have aggressively implemented prevention and preparedness activities in all of our care centers (nursing homes, assisted livings, and group homes).
These interventions are intended to address the risk for our residents and employees from contracting and spreading the COVID-19. We continue to follow guidelines provided to us by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and our local and state health agencies.
- Restricting all visitors effective immediately, with the exception of compassionate care. Essential visits are determined and evaluated case-by-case.
- Restricting all volunteers and non-essential health care personnel. Some volunteers have been assigned to screening tasks and limited to entry.
Infection Control Practices
- We are monitoring our residents for signs and symptoms of respiratory infection and will work with our providers if someone becomes symptomatic.
- We are following the guidelines of quarantine when a resident is newly admitted, been out of the care center, or been exposed to individuals at risk.
- We have limited essential entrance to the building to one location.
- We are actively monitoring and screening all employees/contractors upon entry into each of the care centers.
- We have cancelled all group activities including communal dining.
- We are practicing social distancing within each of our care centers.
- We ask all deliveries be left at the care center identified door exterior entrance.
Status of COVID-19 Monitoring
- We continue to monitor for updates, changes, and recommendations on a daily basis from all legitimate sources.
- We have a designated team that is reviewing and updating infection prevention practices and emergency preparedness activities.
- We are in contact with our local and state health department and emergency preparedness contacts.
- We will continue to update residents, families, and this website as new information becomes available.
Trusted Resources for Official Updates:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS): https://www.cms.gov/newsroom/press-releases/cms-announces-new-measures-protect-nursing-home-residents-covid-19
Minnesota Department of Health: https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/index.html